The Home Office has reintroduced the Priority and Super Priority Visa service. For an additional fee applicants can get a much faster decision on their visa applications. This is good news for persons wanting to apply their UK Visas, and in a hurry to get a decision.
How fast can one expect a decision with a priority service?
- With the super priority visa service, clients can expect a visa decision by the end of the next working day.
- With the priority visa service, clients will receive a decision on their application within five working days.
- In the Settlement category, that is Family and Marriage Visas, the Priority Visa service, you will get your decision within 30 working days.
However, clients must note that the Home Office still warns that if an application is not straightforward it may not be possible to meet the timescales.
For which visa services are the priority services available?
- Visitor Visas to the UK
There are a reduced number of priority and super priority visa services available for visitor visas every week. At some centres a super priority visa service is also available. Speak to your Breytenbachs consultant for advice.
- Study and Work Visas
The priority and super priority services are available for new UK Study and Work Visa applications. There is not a reduced service, so there should be availability for anyone interested in this option.
- Family and Marriage Visas
The priority and super priority service is available for Family and Marriage visas. Also known as UK Settlement visas.
Is the fee for the Priority Services refundable?
Using the priority services does not guarantee that your application will be successful. If your visa is refused, you will lose your visa application fee, as well as your priority service fee. Breytenbachs therefore strongly recommend that clients get expert advice from our consultants to ensure your successful UK visa!
What are the costs of the Super Priority and Priority Services?
The costs of these services are hefty. However, clients who are in a hurry, or do not want to spend time apart from their loved ones, might find the costs worthwhile!
- The Super Priority Visa service will cost you £956. You will get your decision by the end of the next working day.
- The Priority Visa service for non-settlement categories is £250. This service will ensure a decision within five working days.
- In the Settlement category, that is Family and Marriage Visas, the Priority Visa service will cost £573. You will get your decision within 30 working days.
The Home Office warns that exceptional cases may take longer to process than the priority service timescales. They also recommend that clients with exceptional cases rather not opt for priority services, as they may not be able to provide you with a decision within 30 working days.
Exceptional cases may include persons with:
- Previous UK visa refusals;
- Refusal of leave to enter the UK;
- Deportation and removals from the UK;
- Overstaying on your previous UK visa;
- Refusal of Leave to Remain in the UK;
- Unspent criminal convictions;
- Criminal convictions;
- Refusal of visas for other countries, such as the Commonwealth countries, USA or Schengen countries;
In all of the above cases, we strongly recommend that you speak to your Breytenbachs consultant to deal with these exceptional circumstances.
How do I book a Super Priority or Priority Visa Service?
Your Breytenbachs consultant will be able to advise on whether these options are available at your application centre. It might also be that sometimes the weekly quota has been filled and it might only become available the following week. Your consultant will be able to advice. Contact Breytenbachs today for more information.