We often receive desperate calls from persons who have been wrongly advised by a fly-by-night visa agency. The dilemma faced by such persons is that they will lose their Home Office application fee. This fee is, of course, nowadays, very high. Furthermore, it is also very difficult to rectify the wrong information that was provided to the Home Office.
Tips for choosing a reliable visa agency
- Check to see whether there are qualified and experienced personnel working for the visa agency.
- Check how long the firm has been doing business. An immigration firm will not be able to survive for long if they do not render good service.
- Don’t only look at the price. Sometimes there is a reason why a firm is charging very low prices. Sometimes when service is poor, firms have to work at low prices to survive.
- Do your homework. Don’t only decide on a firm based on an advertisement or internet search. Ask around as word of mouth referrals from people you know are often the best way to find the best and reliable immigration agents.
- Avoid firms who are more concerned about money than your immigration case.
- Look at the management of the visa agency, and make sure there is somebody that will listen to your problem if something goes wrong.
- Last, but not least, trust your instinct. If things look fishy or seem too good to be true, it sadly often is!