Update on Minor Children travelling to South Africa

Minor Children

Breytenbachs have received updated guidance from the South African High Commission in the United Kingdom on the regulations on Minor Children travelling on foreign passports to South Africa.

Minor Children travelling on Foreign Passports

A minor child is allowed to travel to South Africa on a foreign passport provided:

  1. Parent/s are South African citizens holding valid South African passports.
  2. Parents produce the child’s unabridged birth certificate at South African port of entry proving to Immigration that they are the parents of the child.
  3. Upon arrival in South Africa the child birth is registered at the Department of Home Affairs without delay.

For more information on this new guidance from the Department of Home Affairs, please feel free to contact the Breytenbachs SA Immigration Team at [email protected]